Spin magazine's new owner Buzzmedia put the kibosh on the nearly 30-year-0ld bimonthly music rag's November/December issue. The online media company that owns multiple properties, including Stereogum and Idolator, said in a statement: “Buzzmedia and Spin are committed to moving forward with print, but we are still determining exactly how print fits in with Spin’s multiple distribution points and growth initiatives." Also, about a third of the company's staff — eleven employees — got pink slips on Friday, including the print magazine's editor-in-chief. Perhaps Friday was also the day the music magazine's print existence died.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 6. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 7. Kate Middleton Still Acting Like a Total Commoner
- 8. 5 Insane Videos of the Tornado in Moore, Oklahoma
- 9. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves