Tara Obenauer, a Long Island woman who swapped stripping for trading, had an affair with a Nassau County cop that went bad, so naturally she's suing the police department. Because the illicit pair had their trysts while he was on duty, Obenauer wants $10 million from the force to account for their negligence, and thus her emotional damages. "I think this is a claim that just about defies imagination," said a lawyer for the county, who's willing to have a sense of humor about this thing. "Because, based on what has been reported in the press, she was receiving from the county Police Department a lot more than others were receiving." Zing. Get it? The joke's on the taxpayers either way!
Photo: Chris Gramly/iStock
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 6. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron