Members of Fred Phelps's horrible Westboro Baptist Church — known for picketing everything from Matthew Shepard's funeral to Fashion Week — will be in Aurora to disrupt a 6:30 memorial for the twelve people killed in Friday's shooting. The announcement of Westboro's latest cause (via the Twitter hashtags #godsenttheshooter and #ThankGodForTheShooter) has riled up a group of Redditors, who are now planning a counter-protest in the form of a "giant wall of people." So far, the thread has amassed more than 5,000 comments, which indicates that Phelps and his people will end up outnumbered, as is usually the case.
Photo: Bennett Raglin/2011 Bennett Raglin
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 6. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron