Members of Fred Phelps's horrible Westboro Baptist Church — known for picketing everything from Matthew Shepard's funeral to Fashion Week — will be in Aurora to disrupt a 6:30 memorial for the twelve people killed in Friday's shooting. The announcement of Westboro's latest cause (via the Twitter hashtags #godsenttheshooter and #ThankGodForTheShooter) has riled up a group of Redditors, who are now planning a counter-protest in the form of a "giant wall of people." So far, the thread has amassed more than 5,000 comments, which indicates that Phelps and his people will end up outnumbered, as is usually the case.
Photo: Bennett Raglin/2011 Bennett Raglin
- 1. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 4. Michelle Obama Has Retired Her Bangs
- 5. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 6. The Office Finale Recap: That’s All She Said
- 7. Cannes: Paris Hilton Cried While Watching The Bling Ring
- 8. Jean Paul Gaultier Explains the Eurovision Song Contest
- 9. Which Moment on The Office Finale Choked You Up?