New York City's largest single-screen movie theater, Chelsea's Ziegfeld, has been for sale since May, when owner Cablevision announced that it was putting its Clearview Cinemas chain on the market. According to the New York Post, the theater, which is frequently the site of red carpet premieres, has been losing around $1 million a year due to a combination of high operating costs and low civilian attendance.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 6. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!