Known as "Mama Dot" on police wiretaps and to members of the “Kings of Dust" drug ring, 72-year-old retired nurse Doris Smith will serve no less than five years in jail for aiding the PCP, cocaine, and heroin gang, the Post reports. A grandmother of seven and great-grandmother of one, Smith (pictured here) was arrested in January and on Wednesday pleaded guilty to criminal possession of a controlled substance and conspiracy to distribute drugs. She served as a lookout for police at the East Harlem co-op she presided over and allowed her kingpin son-in-law Lamont "Big Bro" Moultrie and his brother Bernard"Little Bro" Moultrie and many others use her building's basement (dubbed "The Office") to store a massive supply of drugs. "She tried to deflect the police," the judge said of Smith. "I'm not reducing it one iota."
Photo: NICOLAS ASFOURI/2011 AFP
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!