At 6 p.m. Eastern Time today (5 p.m. Missoura time), the deadline passed for Todd Akin to remove himself from the ballot and allow a less embarrassing substitute to take his place. But all hope is not lost for the Republican Establishment, because the real deadline is September 25. If Akin gets court approval by then — and Missouri law says that such an order "shall be freely given" unless " good cause" can be shown by the "election authority" — then all Akin has to do is pay the cost of reprinting the ballots, and he's off. In other words, Akin has another month to prove he is not worthless, and the GOP has a month to convince him that yes, he is.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!