The explosion early Monday morning that lit up the Brooklyn sky was a transformer fire on a barge in Sunset Park, the FDNY told Gothamist, but witnesses have been quick to tweet their suspicions. "I just saw what looked like a UFO light up the sky in Brooklyn," reported one woman, while an amateur photographer/Agent Mulder was incredulous: "Why would there be a big explosion in brooklyn that lights up the whole sky and it not be on the news?!!" And at the same time NASA landed on Mars? They could be having a parallel celebration as we speak.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. East Williamsburg, Queens? Ridgewood, Brooklyn? WiRi?
- 5. Hofstra Student Killed by Police Bullet During Long Island Home Invasion
- 6. I Tried Gwyneth Paltrow’s Diet
- 7. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 8. Seitz: Look Past the Dragons in Game of Thrones
- 9. New York City Real Estate - Summer Rentals