For many people, losing a job means living with more roommates in a less desirable neighborhood or even moving back in with family. But following his resignation from a $177,000-a-year congressional gig, Anthony Weiner has made a giant upgrade in the housing department. After selling his "875-square foot two-bedroom Forest Hills condo," Weiner and wife Huma Abedin are now renting a "2,120-square-foot, four-bedroom, 3.5-bathroom apartment" on Park Avenue. The new crib happens to be owned by big-time Democratic donor Jack Rosen, but a spokesman for Hillary Clinton insists that the Weiner-Abedins are paying "market rate," which the Post's "real-estate sources" peg at "at least $12,000 to $14,000 a month." What a tragic downward spiral Weiner has found himself in.
Photo: Ray Tamarra/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime [Updated]
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!