An unidentified 43-year-old man competing in today's Ironman U.S. Championship was hospitalized and later died after "experiencing distress" following the event's swimming portion. The cause of death is not yet known, but this isn't the first time this has happened: Last summer, two Nautica New York City Triathlon competitors also died in the Hudson.
Photo: Dario Cantatore/2010 Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]