Carlisle Brigham, the daughter of former New York City budget director James Brigham, died accidentally yesterday of "blunt impact injuries of the head and neck," the medical examiner's office concluded, and was not slashed across the throat as police originally suspected. Her injuries were "consistent with a fall down the stairs." The 29-year-old, who recently interned at the American Museum of Natural History, had reportedly been drinking and was distraught on the phone with a friend the morning she died. Bingham got married last year, but was separated from her husband, who has been living in the United Kingdom. Former Mayor Ed Koch told the Post that Brigham's father called him yesterday "sobbing" and said "that it was apparently a fall ... a freak accident" in the Lower East Side building where she'd been living with a friend. "Wonderful young woman," Koch said. "I just was overwhelmed with grief and still am."
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. Patrick Stewart Rescued a Baby Bird in Park Slope
- 3. This Is What a Two-Mile-Wide Tornado Did to Moore, Oklahoma [Updated]
- 4. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 5. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 6. The Beauty School for Former Sex Slaves
- 7. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 8. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 9. Cannes Weekend: Jennifer Lawrence’s Grand Entrance