The Daily News hit Central Park the other day, and in short time found numerous cyclists whizzing by in excess of the 25-mile-per-hour speed limit. Zooming through a red light is certainly a different story. But with respect to speeding in the park, outgoing Parks Commissioner Adrian Benepe does not appear so concerned. “If you find a few people going over the speed limit, it’s not a huge problem,” he said. “The cyclists themselves have to be good citizens. To be going 25, 30 [mph] downhill is not that unusual.” In other words, riders, govern yourselves accordingly.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2011 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper