The FBI has let it be known that it has issues with the NYPD's surveillance of Muslims to the point where the agencies' relationship has been compared to a "dysfunctional celebrity marriage." Although it'd be nice for them to get along, for national security and all, reconciliation does not appear to be any closer based on yet another new report that finds the feds undermining the department. A new edition of Ronald Kessler's The Secrets of the FBI includes sources trashing the NYPD program as "not only a waste of money but a violation of Americans' rights." An anonymous FBI critic told Kessler, the investigative reporter who set the Secret Service scandal into motion, "We will not be a party to it," the Daily News reports. With all of the anonymous leaks and undermining, it's like Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson, but with consequences.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2012 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 5. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Kids in the Hall Alum Scott Thompson on Hannibal and Why Being Gay Is Now Boring