The besuited man police believe beat a Spanish tourist with a hammer near City Hall last week may not be John C. Yoos, 43, after all. The suspect gave authorities a full name, birth date, and social security number matching a U.S. citizen that currently lives in Vancouver, where he's a chess master, and presumably does not attack strangers with tools. The real Yoos was alerted to the case by a friend, who thought it a funny a coincidence, until Yoos recognized the attacker as an acquaintance he knew in Canada about ten years ago. "It's a little bit disconcerting because, obviously, it's been widely reported," said Yoos proper. "I'd be very happy if this was clarified soon — that this is not, in fact, me." This is why everyone needs a vanity Google Alert.
Photo: Marek Mnich
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]