After a free debut, the next four issues of Arianna Huffington's predictably named weekly iPad magazine, Huffington, were 99 cents each, with a subscription running big HuffPo fans $19.99 for a year of additional longform content. About 115,000 downloads later, the company is opting to go free again moving forward because "asking people to pay for the magazine was inconsistent with The Huffington Post itself," a spokesman told Capital NY. As for the lack of sideboob, give it time.
Photo: Cindy Ord/2011 Getty Images
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?