Jared Lee Loughner, the deranged man who gunned down six people outside an Arizona supermarket and sent then-Representative Gabby Giffords into a coma back in January 2011, has been deemed competent to stand trail. And Reuters has learned that authorities believe the 23-year-old — who's been heavily medicated for schizophrenia — plans to plead guilty at a Tuesday hearing. Details of a possible plea arrangement with the government prosecution remain a secret, but, with Loughner facing 49 charges and the electric chair, a safe guess would be life in prison with the death penalty off the table.
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. 178 Minutes With Miranda Kerr
- 5. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: November 2013
- 6. Why Should Fluid Sexuality Be Women-Only?
- 7. Rebecca Black Finally Made It to ‘Saturday’
- 8. Facebook Could Add a ‘Sympathize’ Button
- 9. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List