A state Supreme Court judge has blocked Mayor Bloomberg's plan to sell medallions to a new class of outer-borough (and Upper Manhattan) livery cabs that could legally pick up street hails. While the ruling will blow a $635 million hole in the city's budget if it withstands an appeal, it won't exactly make a difference for people trying to grab a cab in, say, Brooklyn, since livery-cab drivers already have no problem picking people up off the street illegally.
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!