Levi Aron was sentenced to 40 years to life on Wednesday for kidnapping and killing 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky last summer in Borough Park. Aron pleaded guilty to one charge of second-degree murder and one charge of second-degree kidnapping earlier this month in a deal with prosecutors meant to avoid a life sentence. However, during today's hearing a prosecutor predicted that there will be "letters waiting for the parole board" in 40 years, and Kletzky family spokesman Dov Hikind said, "I don't believe any parole board will ever let this guy walk free." Aron's lawyers have requested that he be kept in solitary confinement to protect him from other inmates, explaining, “There are a lot of sick, demented people that reside in the jails."
Photo: Jesse Ward-PoolJesse Ward/AP
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 6. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 7. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...