The 253 people aboard Aeroflot Flight 103 ended up with an unexpected layover in Reykjavik this morning after an anonymous caller told the NYPD that the aircraft was carrying five bomb-filled suitcases. After landing safely at 6:27 a.m., Icelandic authorities searched the plane — which was traveling from JFK to Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport — along with the passengers and crew members, but didn't uncover anything suspicious or explosive.
Photo: Axel Schwenke
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 4. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 5. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 6. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...