Earlier this month, it appeared the New York Times Company would finally be rid of the millstone that is its foiled search engine manipulator About.com when Answers.com made a $270 million bid for the site. Now Reuters reports that Barry Diller's IAC is willing to pay more than $300 million for About.com in order to combine it with Ask.com, which could leave Answers.com out of luck. Questions.com and Solutions.com have not yet expressed interest as far as we know.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck