Police paid out $22.8 million in settlements in the last year, DNAinfo reports, including monetary apologies for brutality, racial discrimination, and the wrongful arrest of a 12-year-old girl who drew on her school desk with an erasable marker. The NYPD: protecting, serving, and ponying up when necessary.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 7. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 8. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 9. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]