A day after Twitter turned over data regarding the user @obamasmistress in response to a subpoena, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the NYPD has identified the user and is looking into their threats about opening fire in a Broadway theater (and presumably, the user's references to killing a wide range of celebrities). “We are talking [to] and will [be] interviewing that person," said Kelly. "That person is not in New York City." If arrested, the user could face reckless endangerment or reckless statement charges. Police are also investigating whether someone else might have been using the account, raising the possibility that this is simply the most unfunny prank every played on someone who left themselves logged in on a public computer.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 3. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 4. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 5. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 6. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Mexican Gunmen Who Stole Truck Will ‘Without a Doubt’ Die From Radiation
- 9. Who Knows What Men Want on OkCupid — Men or Women?