A day after Twitter turned over data regarding the user @obamasmistress in response to a subpoena, Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said the NYPD has identified the user and is looking into their threats about opening fire in a Broadway theater (and presumably, the user's references to killing a wide range of celebrities). “We are talking [to] and will [be] interviewing that person," said Kelly. "That person is not in New York City." If arrested, the user could face reckless endangerment or reckless statement charges. Police are also investigating whether someone else might have been using the account, raising the possibility that this is simply the most unfunny prank every played on someone who left themselves logged in on a public computer.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper