Last year's West Indian Day Parade was something of a disaster for the NYPD: Not only were there multiple shootings, but officers roughed up two city officials, got in trouble for doing some dirty dancing, and were caught making racist posts on Facebook about the event, calling its attendees "savages" and "animals," and declaring, "Let them kill each other." The department now says that seventeen officers have been punished for the offensive Facebooking to varying degrees, including seven that got a slap on the wrist and six that will lose some vacation days, while the fates of the rest have yet to be decided. A suggestion: No more Internet privileges.
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update