Last year's West Indian Day Parade was something of a disaster for the NYPD: Not only were there multiple shootings, but officers roughed up two city officials, got in trouble for doing some dirty dancing, and were caught making racist posts on Facebook about the event, calling its attendees "savages" and "animals," and declaring, "Let them kill each other." The department now says that seventeen officers have been punished for the offensive Facebooking to varying degrees, including seven that got a slap on the wrist and six that will lose some vacation days, while the fates of the rest have yet to be decided. A suggestion: No more Internet privileges.
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 4. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 5. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 6. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 7. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 8. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...
- 9. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011