Reacting to Mitt Romney's choice of Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan as his running mate, our own John Heilemann told Hardball's Chris Matthews that Ryan is only sort of a game-changing pick. Ryan isn't a Hail Mary à la Sarah Palin, but Heilemann says the addition of Ryan turns the election from a referendum on President Obama to one where there is actually a choice between two opposing viewpoints. "What the Romney campaign is admitting here tacitly is their strategy was not working," Heilemann said. "If their strategy was working, you would have seen Rob Portman or Tim Pawlenty," and with the choice of Ryan, Team Romney has tipped its hand.
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. AMC Has Canceled Low Winter Sun
- 4. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 5. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 6. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 7. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...