A plainclothes NYPD sergeant from the Queens Gang Unit was shot in the leg Wednesday night and is expected to survive, according to the Daily News. Sources for NBC New York said that the officer was on patrol in an unmarked van at about 10:35 p.m. when it passed a group of men near 106-61 Union Hall Street in Jamaica, Queens, and a member of the group fired at the van. Police are searching for the shooter, whom they believe escaped into a nearby yard.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 3. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 4. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 7. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement
- 8. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 9. The 5 Most Unintentionally Erotic Moments of Catching Fire