Have you noticed the text-message-style marriage proposal painted on a vacant billboard over the BQE, “Will u marry me Chelsea Mose?” Well, it's not graffiti, but an actual marriage proposal. The scribe is 28-year-old Drew Henkels, who told the Daily News that he scaled the thing because he "wanted to make sure she knew I was serious." After Chelsea moved into his apartment in Bed-Stuy, he got marriage on his mind and mulled over different ideas. He eventually committed to the high-stakes and very public billboard marriage request. Henkels said of his scheme, “If you fall, it’s two broken bones at best, more likely a spinal injury." She said yes, hopefully because she loves him and not because he nonchalantly risked paralysis to display his affection.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]