The dream of a brokered convention is long dead, and now it seems there won't even be any entertaining squabbles with Ron Paul supporters. The New York Times reports that the Texas congressman has reached an agreement with party leaders over disputed delegates. Officials have agreed to seat seventeen additional Paul delegates from Louisiana and three more delegates and two alternates from Massachusetts, with negotiations continuing over Maine delegates. Now the only thing that could shake up this convention is Kanye West storming the stage and declaring that Ron Paul was the best Republican candidate of all time.
Photo: Ethan Miller/2011 Getty Images
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 6. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 7. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 8. Seven Ways Tonight’s The Sound of Music Will Differ From the Classic Film
- 9. James Bond Shoots Child in Today’s Most Unfortunate Subway Ad Placement