Marco Rubio told a crowd in Palm Beach on Wednesday that Mitt Romney was "gracious enough" to call him on Friday night, hours before he announced Paul Ryan as his VP pick, to let him know he didn't get the job. “I was out on boat with my kids. I came back and I had four missed calls from Mitt Romney. I go ‘Uh-oh.’ So I talked to him and he said we’re going to be announcing our VP tomorrow and you’re going to be excited about the pick I’ve made," said Rubio, according to Politico. “And I said, ‘Well, that’s really good news because I just bought a four-day cruise.'" What luck! We're sure Ryan is still kicking himself about missing that Colorado camping trip.
Photo: Alex Wong/2011 Getty Images
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 5. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 8. Why Adult Women Squeal Like Teenage Girls Sometimes
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!