Marco Rubio told a crowd in Palm Beach on Wednesday that Mitt Romney was "gracious enough" to call him on Friday night, hours before he announced Paul Ryan as his VP pick, to let him know he didn't get the job. “I was out on boat with my kids. I came back and I had four missed calls from Mitt Romney. I go ‘Uh-oh.’ So I talked to him and he said we’re going to be announcing our VP tomorrow and you’re going to be excited about the pick I’ve made," said Rubio, according to Politico. “And I said, ‘Well, that’s really good news because I just bought a four-day cruise.'" What luck! We're sure Ryan is still kicking himself about missing that Colorado camping trip.
Photo: Alex Wong/2011 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper