Once again the hunt is on for a group of subway riders who rescued a fellow straphanger who fell onto the tracks. Alexa Conto, a 20-year-old fashion student, tells the Daily News that she believes she fainted while waiting for the D train at Brooklyn's 71st Street station on Tuesday morning. Several people jumped onto the tracks to save her, and the MTA operator spotted them and stopped the train just in time. New Yorkers can be pretty decent, when we aren't beating each other with crutches.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2010 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 7. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 8. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!
- 9. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime