New Yorkers with a Sue Simmons–sized void in their hearts since the 32-year veteran of the nightly news left Channel 4 will be temporarily whole again when Law & Order: SVU premieres in September. Simmons will have a cameo as herself: "It's a big scandal within the world we've created ... there's a dead hooker in the captain’s bed ... and we go to a newscaster to help us understand the story," L&O producer Warren Leight explained to the Post. Boss that she is, Simmons even corrected the script, refusing to say the word "burgeoning" for realism's sake. "The cast is used to celebrities guest-starring," Leight said, "but Sue caused quite a stir." A buddy flick with Pat Kiernan can't be long now.
Photo: Peter Kramer/Getty Images
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update
- 9. Obama Administration’s War on Leakers Includes Reading Fox News’s E-mails