A 29-year-old woman was found bleeding from the neck, with a fractured arm, and in partial cardiac arrest this morning on Orchard Street and died soon after, the Times reports. "She did not look like she was homeless or a hooker," said one witness, who might have been too shaken up to be entirely compassionate. "She had too many accouterments of the average American young person in her 20s: An iPhone and wallet full of plastic." The Journal reports that the victim was living on the Lower East Side while estranged from her husband, and that detectives would like to speak with him. Update: The victim has been identified as Carlisle Brigham, the daughter of St. Louis investment banker and former New York City budget director James Brigham Jr. Last summer, Carlisle married Anthony Lindley Champalimaud, himself from a prominent Portuguese banking family.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2004 Getty Images
- 1. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 2. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 3. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 4. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 5. Kate Middleton "Dares" to Wear a Dress Three Times
- 6. The Heritage Uncertainty Principle
- 7. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 8. A Ranking of 11 Movie Franchises, TV Shows, and Book Series That Ended in 2013
- 9. Watch Amy Poehler and Billy Eichner Force People to Sing Christmas Carols on the Street