A 29-year-old woman was found bleeding from the neck, with a fractured arm, and in partial cardiac arrest this morning on Orchard Street and died soon after, the Times reports. "She did not look like she was homeless or a hooker," said one witness, who might have been too shaken up to be entirely compassionate. "She had too many accouterments of the average American young person in her 20s: An iPhone and wallet full of plastic." The Journal reports that the victim was living on the Lower East Side while estranged from her husband, and that detectives would like to speak with him. Update: The victim has been identified as Carlisle Brigham, the daughter of St. Louis investment banker and former New York City budget director James Brigham Jr. Last summer, Carlisle married Anthony Lindley Champalimaud, himself from a prominent Portuguese banking family.
Photo: Spencer Platt/2004 Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 4. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 5. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 9. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women