In a sad end to a weekend of campaigning, a Jupiter, Florida motorcycle police officer died while working in President Obama's motorcade on Sunday afternoon. According to WPTV, Officer Bruce St. Laurent was shutting down a section of Interstate 95 when he was hit by a pickup truck. He died later at the hospital. The accident is still under investigation and charges have yet to be filed. President Obama, who was headed to a campaign event at the Palm Beach County Convention Center, has been notified, and White House press secretary Jay Carney said, "our thoughts and prayers are with the officer's family."
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!