In a sad end to a weekend of campaigning, a Jupiter, Florida motorcycle police officer died while working in President Obama's motorcade on Sunday afternoon. According to WPTV, Officer Bruce St. Laurent was shutting down a section of Interstate 95 when he was hit by a pickup truck. He died later at the hospital. The accident is still under investigation and charges have yet to be filed. President Obama, who was headed to a campaign event at the Palm Beach County Convention Center, has been notified, and White House press secretary Jay Carney said, "our thoughts and prayers are with the officer's family."
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!