Earlier today, the AP and Jim Romenesko noticed this rather hard-to-believe headline touted by Iran's semiofficial Fars news agency: "Gallup Poll: Rural Whites Prefer Ahmadinejad to Obama." Granted, that's not Obama's strongest demographic, but come on! The story was apparently lifted verbatim from satirical newspaper The Onion, although one bit describing Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as "a man who has repeatedly denied the Holocaust and has had numerous political prisoners executed" was deleted. The story has since been taken down, replaced by an error message clearly copied from some other Onion dispatch: "Error For Your Request . Not Exist This Story."
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck