Sometimes you have so much money you lose track of it all. At least, that's what happened to Brooke Astor, though everyone assumed her family had managed to locate all of her cash during the years-long estate battle that followed her 2007 death. However, a special Citibank advertisement in the August 31st edition of the New York Daily News printed the names of thousands of people with bank abandoned accounts, and among those listed was the late philanthropist and socialite's. No one knows how much money is in the accounts, but in order to have been featured in the note they must be worth at least $50. This being Astor, we're pretty sure there might be a little more in there.
Photo: Peter Kramer/Getty Images
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 4. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 5. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 8. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 9. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]