Federal prosecutors announced that 18-year-old Adel Daoud has been charged with attempting to detonate a car bomb outside a bar in downtown Chicago. Daoud, who is a United States citizen, first came to the attention of the authorities after he "posted material online about violent jihad and the killing of Americans," which prompted two FBI agents posing as Muslim extremists to contact him in May. According to prosecutors, no one was ever in any real danger, as the device Daoud intended to use was a fake provided to him by the undercover officers.
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 6. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron