After years of planning and outreach, Walmart announced today that it was unable to reach a deal with a private developer to anchor a mall in East New York, which would have been the retail giant's first foray into New York City. "Two things remain constant," Walmart said in a statement. "Most New Yorkers want us here and we remain interested in providing more convenient access to Walmart for local residents." Incidentally, a Walmart just opened in Brooklyn Center ... Minnesota.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 5. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 6. Trent Franks’s Abortion Bill Passes the House, With One Last Gaffe
- 7. Serena Williams Thinks Steubenville Rape Victim ‘Shouldn’t Have Put Herself in That Position’ [Update]
- 8. Miami Heat Fans Leave Game Early, Beg to Get Back in After Incredible Rally, Are the Worst
- 9. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died