Today Myanmar opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi received the Congressional Gold Medal, which she was awarded in 2008 while under house arrest, and during the ceremony Hillary Clinton dropped an interesting tidbit. During a visit to the country last year, the Speaker of the Lower House of Parliament asked her to help them "learn how to be a democratic congress." "He went on to tell me that they were trying to teach themselves by watching old segments of The West Wing," Clinton recalled. "I said, 'I think we can do better than that, Mr. Speaker.'" Who's to say they wouldn't be better off with a democracy where everyone speaks in Sorkinese and most problems are tied up in 42 minutes?
- 1. Fact-Checking the Age-Old Rumors of Walt Disney’s Dark Side
- 2. Megyn Kelly Believes in (White) Santa
- 3. The Dumbest GIFs From the Victoria’s Secret TV Special
- 4. How Rich Do These Magazine Editors Think We Are?
- 5. All the Snubs and Surprises From the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations
- 6. The Best, Worst, & Sheerest Fashion Moments of 2013
- 7. Guy Doing Sign Language at Mandela Memorial Was Actually Just Waving His Arms Around
- 8. Rashida Jones Was a Whore Between 2007 and 2011
- 9. The 2014 Golden Globe Nominations Are Here!