Today Myanmar opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi received the Congressional Gold Medal, which she was awarded in 2008 while under house arrest, and during the ceremony Hillary Clinton dropped an interesting tidbit. During a visit to the country last year, the Speaker of the Lower House of Parliament asked her to help them "learn how to be a democratic congress." "He went on to tell me that they were trying to teach themselves by watching old segments of The West Wing," Clinton recalled. "I said, 'I think we can do better than that, Mr. Speaker.'" Who's to say they wouldn't be better off with a democracy where everyone speaks in Sorkinese and most problems are tied up in 42 minutes?
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 4. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. Weekend GOP Almost-Impeachment Update
- 8. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 9. Obama Administration’s War on Leakers Includes Reading Fox News’s E-mails