Three men injured in July's Dark Knight Rises shooting have filed two lawsuits against the Cinemark, which owns the Aurora movie theater where James Holmes carried out his attack. The lawsuits claim that the company was negligent in not hiring extra security for the midnight screening of Dark Knight, and that the exit door's lack of an alarm allowed Holmes to enter the theater after the movie had begun. News of the lawsuits followed the announcement that Cinemark intends to "refurbish and reconfigure" the theater, which is scheduled to re-open some time in 2013.
Photo: Kevork Djansezian/2012 Getty Images
- 1. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 2. Uber Might Be More Valuable Than Facebook Someday. Here’s Why
- 3. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 4. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 5. Forty Women That Women Find Beautiful
- 6. 178 Minutes With Miranda Kerr
- 7. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 8. Why Conservatives Got Segregation Wrong a Second Time in South Africa
- 9. And the 2014 Grammy Nominees Are...