A Connecticut man responding to an apparent break-in at 1 a.m. Thursday fatally shot a masked man in self-defense, and later learned that he had killed his 15-year-old son. According to CBS New York, Jeffery Giuliano's sister, who lives next door, alerted her brother that someone wearing a ski mask was trying to break into her home. Seeing the apparent intruder with a "shiny object" in his hand, Giuliano fired a shot at him that proved fatal. “I can’t imagine what he felt when he took the mask off,” resident Tin DiKit told CBS of Giuliano, who's a fifth-grade teacher. No charges have been filed, and no one knows why the young man approached his aunt's home wearing a mask. “The town is a close-knit community," said New Fairfield First Selectman John Hodge. "It’s going to take us a while to get over.”
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!