Large New York–based corporate law firm Dewey & LeBoeuf unceremoniously folded in May, but the firm's glove-toting softball players didn't go down with it, the Times reports. Like the Baltimore Colts' marching band that kept playing after its beloved franchise skipped town, they've continued to take the field, amassing an impressive 10–1 record so far this season in the Lawyers Coed Softball League. The league's commissioner said he wouldn't stop the team if they wanted to continue playing next year, although he added, “I suppose at some point it becomes a bit silly.” Maybe so, but it's better than throwing a ball against a wall.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 6. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!