In a surprise move, federal authorities announced late yesterday they were cutting short a four year-long criminal investigation into every immigrant's (both legal and non) worst nightmare: Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Returning home from the Tampa Republican National Convention, "America's Toughest Sheriff" (and major racial profiling fan) basked in his vindication: "They did their investigation, they didn't find enough probable cause and they didn't bring an indictment. We don't go around framing anybody. My people are not crooks." Mostly.
Photo: Ethan Miller/2010 Getty Images
- 1. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 2. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 3. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 4. Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep Practically Making Out on the Red Carpet
- 5. 9 Signs Bush Was Back in 2013
- 6. Bests, Worsts, and Other Superlatives From the Year in Entertainment
- 7. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 8. Jamie Dimon’s Family Laughs While Destroying Home
- 9. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?