Despite holding off on giving to super-PACs out of protest against the Citizens United decision, George Soros has decided to throw a cool million to the Obama-backing Priorities USA Action after all. Soros, who donated more than $40 million to Democratic causes in 2004, explained that he's been "appalled by the Romney campaign which is openly soliciting the money of the rich to starve the state of the money it needs to provide social services." As a result, he's giving $500,000 to two super-PACs supporting Senate Dems, in addition to the $1 million for Priorities and his previous donations this cycle so far. Somebody must have been feeling a little left out.
Photo: STAN HONDA/2010 AFP
- 1. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 2. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 3. The Era of Private Space Travel Is Just Beginning
- 4. This Week’s Mad Men GIF: Ken Cosgrove Does a Jig
- 5. Game of Thrones Recap: Weddings and White Walkers
- 6. Justin Bieber Collects Award, Publicly Sulks, Gets Booed
- 7. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 8. New Crazy Black Republican Is Craziest Black Republican Yet
- 9. SNL Recap: Welcome Home, Ben Who-Fleck