Despite holding off on giving to super-PACs out of protest against the Citizens United decision, George Soros has decided to throw a cool million to the Obama-backing Priorities USA Action after all. Soros, who donated more than $40 million to Democratic causes in 2004, explained that he's been "appalled by the Romney campaign which is openly soliciting the money of the rich to starve the state of the money it needs to provide social services." As a result, he's giving $500,000 to two super-PACs supporting Senate Dems, in addition to the $1 million for Priorities and his previous donations this cycle so far. Somebody must have been feeling a little left out.
Photo: STAN HONDA/2010 AFP
- 1. The Highs and Lows of The Sound of Music Live
- 2. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 3. The Whispered Attacks That Could Sink This Year's Oscar Contenders
- 4. American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga on Threesomes, Zombies, and Paris Hilton’s Closet
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. 17 Awesome and Inspiring Facts About Nelson Mandela
- 7. Gilmore Girls Alumni: Where Are They Now?
- 8. 30 of the Best Ponytails in History
- 9. Shonda Rhimes Talks Scandal’s Brutal Season 3 and the Issue of Likability