Over the weekend the Romney campaign unveiled its space plan, and at a campaign event Paul Ryan said, "I believe we need a mission for NASA, a mission for a space program, and we also believe that this is an integral part of our national security.” The campaign is a bit vague on what that mission should be, and one former rival noticed. “The Romney plan for space starts to move in the right direction but could be much more robust,” Newt Gingrich told NBC News. “We could move into space much, much faster than we are. Romney is better than [President] Obama on space but could be bolder and more visionary.” This is very disappointing news for all Americans who were hoping Romney had a change of heart about colonizing the moon (i.e. only Newt Gingrich).
Photo: Spencer Platt/2011 Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Warning: You Will Cry a Little When You Watch This Oklahoma Woman Find Her Dog in the Rubble
- 3. New Man of Steel Trailer: Oh My Zod
- 4. Pope Francis Performed an Accidental Exorcism
- 5. Oklahoma Tornado Survivor Has to Leave State Now, Forever, Thanks to Wolf Blitzer
- 6. Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner on Sansa’s Wedding Day and Drunk Tyrion
- 7. Mad Men Recap: You’re Pretentious, You Know That?
- 8. Keynes Skeptics Find New Economic Poster Boy
- 9. Last Night on Late Night: Jason Bateman, Goaded Into Blaming Will Arnett for Arrested Development Holdup