Last month Newt Gingrich and Frank Sullivan, the founding member of the band Survivor, agreed to settle their lawsuit over the candidate's use of the Rocky III tune as his entrance music. On Tuesday, Gingrich finally apologized, writing in a letter, "We are very sorry that your song 'Eye of the Tiger' was associated with the 2012 Newt Gingrich campaign. We will do our utmost to assure that this does not happen again." Of course, he can't be held responsible for what people play at spontaneous pro-Newt rallies, but these events have dropped off quite a bit since another guy accepted the Republican nomination.
Photo: Chip Somodevilla/2012 Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]