Last year, the NYPD doled out more than 350,000 (arguably unconstitutional) summonses for minor infractions like loitering, biking on the sidewalk, and smoking pot, all of which have been geographically plotted on an interactive map by the New York World. Because New Yorkers are prideful and competitive about their neighborhoods, it should be known that the 115th precinct in Jackson Heights, Queens, issued the most tickets for public urination, while the 90th precinct in Williamsburg topped the list for drinking-in-public infractions. Congratulations to everyone involved.
- 1. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 2. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 3. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 4. Dan Harmon Got Rehired for Community for the Same Reason He Got Fired
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 7. Serena Williams Issues Pathetic Non-Apology [Updated]
- 8. Dolce & Gabbana Sentenced to Prison [Updated]
- 9. Mad Men’s Kiernan Shipka on Smoking, Eye Rolls, and What’s Next for Poor Sally Draper