It's almost like America was expecting the vice-president to make a hilarious gaffe that everyone would be talking about the next day. Nielsen has finished compiling ratings from all the networks that carried the conventions, and the Daily News reports that Joe Biden came out on top, with 14.7 percent of the 289.7 million U.S. homes with televisions tuning in. Barack Obama came in second with 13.7 percent, followed by Mitt Romney (12.5 percent), Bill Clinton (10.9 percent), and Marco Rubio (10.4 percent). Poor Ann Romney ranked tenth, with only 7.7 percent of TV viewers catching her enthralling tale about that time she and Mitt subsisted on canned tuna.
Photo: Chip Somodevilla/2012 Getty Images
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Journalist Michael Hastings, Who Profiled Stanley McChrystal, Has Died
- 4. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 5. Man of Steel City Damage Professionally Estimated
- 6. Male Gaze: Watch Henry Cavill Pump Iron
- 7. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 8. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]
- 9. In Praise of Katy Perry’s Masterful Vogue Takedown of Ex-Husband Russell Brand