Another awful side effect to a self-plagiarism-turned-fabrication-turned-actual-plagiarism scandal — in addition to losing your job and having your best-selling book recalled — is that people will dig up your undergraduate poetry. IvyGate did just that with serial corner-cutter Jonah Lehrer, revisiting his work from campus journal The Columbia Review, and found the line " … to reveal the terrible truth … I am lying and I am a liar." College haunts us all in different ways.
Photo: Thos Robinson/Getty Images
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!