The family of Randy Scott always believed that he had died instantly when a hijacked plane hit Two World Trade Center, a thought which gave them some comfort. Ten years later, a note that had been tossed out of the tower on the morning of 9/11 — "84th floor West Office 12 people trapped" — was finally linked back to Scott through his handwriting and a blood stain. "It just changes everything," Scott's widow says.
Photo: Mario Tama
- 1. The Real Reason Twentysomething Women Are Worried
- 2. Can You Guess Famous 30 Rock Quotes From Just a GIF or Freeze-Frame?
- 3. ‘Breathe Me’: The Oral History of the Six Feet Under Finale’s Death Montage
- 4. What the Hell Is David Brooks’s Column About?
- 5. Interview: Blake Lively on the Cheesecake Factory, Gucci, and Her New Website
- 6. See Every Absurd Outfit Jennifer Love Hewitt Wears on Season One of The Client List
- 7. Bloomberg Reacts to Heartbreaking Story of Homeless Girl: ‘That’s Just the Way God Works’
- 8. Shia LaBeouf Apologizes for Ripping Off Daniel Clowes
- 9. ‘Splat!’: The Oral History of Sex and the City’s Most Shocking Episode