During a Monday Democratic National Convention breakfast meeting, a number of New York state delegates agreed that Lopez — the Brooklyn assemblyman accused of sexually harassing scores of female employees — should either give up his seat or submit to a vote of no confidence. ("It doesn't look good," said one.) However, the Post reports, those same delegates had no criticism for State Assembly speaker Sheldon Silver, who in June signed off on a hushed $103,080 settlement for two sexual harassment claims filed against Lopez. Of course, Silver is attending the convention, where he is set to play a "major role" in the delegation's activities.
Photo: New York State Assembly
- 1. The 10 Ways That Men Text Women
- 2. World Leaders Take Most Menacing G8 Group Photo Ever
- 3. Did Kimye Name Their Baby Kaidence Donda West?
- 4. True Blood’s Kristin Bauer van Straten on the Pam-Tara Sex Scene We All Missed
- 5. Fucking on the First Date? How It Worked Out for 8 Women
- 6. Obama: I’m Not Dick Cheney, and Syria Isn’t Iraq
- 7. Rosen on Kanye West’s Yeezus: The Least Sexy Album of 2013
- 8. Mad Men Recap: The Importance of Being Bob
- 9. The Story Behind the Brazil Protest’s Shocking Pepper-Spray Photo [Updated]