A man suspected of credit-card fraud claims police enjoyed transporting his $50,000 impounded black Mercedes so much that they took a roundabout way from Harlem to Queens via 12th Avenue and then Brooklyn, totaling more than 30 miles and resulting in a $50 ticket for running a red light. He says the NYPD scratched the car up and broke a window for good measure, but as Ferris Bueller–inspired as the high jinks sound, there's no word on whether the cops even bothered trying to roll back the odometer.
- 1. 20 Things Worth Knowing About Toronto’s Crack-Smoking Mayor, Rob Ford
- 2. Netflix Adultery Afflicts Half of Relationships, Says Netflix
- 3. In Touch’s ‘Kanye Is Gay’ Story Is Awful
- 4. Could Harvey Weinstein Make History With Three Black Best Actor Oscar Candidates?
- 5. Gay Man Fatally Shot in Greenwich Village in Alleged Hate Crime
- 6. Kim Kardashian’s Tortured, Swollen Feet: A Lament
- 7. Take Vulture’s Arrested Development Superfan Quiz
- 8. Cannes Day 3: Marion Cotillard, Eva Longoria, and an Extraordinary Dress Made of Biscuit Trays
- 9. Beyoncé Really Is Pregnant, Says E!