The man behind New York City's recent spate of fake NYPD propaganda posters is getting a little cocky. In a ride-around and anonymous video interview with Animal New York, the 29-year-old claims he's not an established street artist and not affiliated with Occupy Wall Street, but did go to art school and even served in Iraq as a "geo-spatial analyst." The guerrilla ad-installer is reportedly riding around in a white van marked with the logo of outdoor advertising company Van Wagner, and he hit more than 50 spots in about five hours during one particular overnight shift. The NYPD was seen dusting for fingerprints near the Big Brother signs last week, and despite his voice being disguised and his face obscured, we (and the police) now know the culprit has a head of curly hair too. Time to take a break or get a buzz cut.
- 1. All My Exes Live in Texts: Why the Social Media Generation Never Really Breaks Up
- 2. 12 Years a Slave and the Obama Era
- 3. What’s New on Netflix Streaming This Month: December 2013
- 4. Atheist Billboard in Times Square Specifically Designed to Make Sarah Palin’s Head Explode
- 5. Joe Jonas: My Life As a Jonas Brother
- 6. How to Have Sex in Communal Living Spaces
- 7. A Thorough List of All the Times Peeta Messes Up in Catching Fire
- 8. Is This the World’s Worst Selfie?
- 9. Why You’re So Sad About Paul Walker’s Death